Production Control Planner
Wat ga je doen?
In this fulltime new position you have the responsibility to create, review, amend, and maintain attainable and effective production planning schedules for assigned products and product families. The Production Control Planner is expected to utilize system tools inclusive of material requirements planning and capacity planning to ensure that the supply chain is effective in meeting the needs of our sales department while maintaining required delivery and inventory goals. The position requires the coordination of several aspects of the manufacturing process with our partner third party assembly facility, from parts ordering to shipping of complete product. The production control planner has a significant impact on sales and shop floor activity and therefore must be a creative (out of the box) thinker with sound decision making ability that acts with the sales department in mind.
• Responsible for compiling, modifying and issuing production orders to third party manufacturing facility in the Netherlands, by using SAP system.
• Communicates daily with Sales Team for production order intake, processing, troubleshooting.
• Able to work independently with less supervision
• Responsible for planning of and maintaining production schedule and communicating with third party Dutch assembly facility regarding said schedule.
• Communicates directly with the company in Japan and China factories regarding supply chain, quotation request, parts ordering, materials status, engineering changes and other items.
• Track progression of production orders, investigate factors that affect schedules, and modify plans as necessary.
• Reviews and maintains SAP data integrity inclusive of routings and Bill of Material accuracy.
• Analyzes forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic inventory levels on finished goods are maintained.
• Manages and maintains optimal inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts to manufacturing facility, coordinates with third-party assembler for optimal use of warehouse.
• Parts damage management, working closely with Quality Assurance manager to ensure timely order of necessary parts for repair.
• Executes MRP and issues purchase requisitions to parts suppliers daily.
• Ensure that engineering changes to production parts are implemented on time and communicated to third party assembler, with minimal impact to production and finished units.
• Expedites critical orders throughout the supply chain.
• Informs management of potential production problems and assist in the implementation of both short and long term solutions.
• Communicates and coordinates with third party assembly facility person in charge to ensure production and shipping schedule adherence and recovery, if required.
• Initiates and participates in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management. Participate as required in problem solving teams, kaizen events, cross functional committees, and multi-discipline initiatives.
• Performs other related functions as required to achieve department and site objectives.
Within this function you mainly focus on checking in advance in SAP whether parts / spare parts are currently available.
If the spare parts are available, how much and by what time are they available. And within what time can they be delivered to the customer?
If not, within what time can the spare parts be delivered.
The Production Control Planner reports to the Production Control Manager.
Waar ga je werken?
This company is specialized in manufacturing excavators and crawler cranes.
The excavators and crawler cranes are manufactured in Japan and there coverage is whole Europe, Russia CIS and Northern Africa.
Within the company they have a very international team, and the company language is English.
For this specific position we are considering candidates who are fluent in at least English. Additional languages are a plus.
This young, international company is located in Almere.
Wie ben je?
• Preference for a Dutch native speaker
• English speaking, writing and reading skills
• Flexible and able to respond swiftly and effectively to changing priorities
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Proficient business / financial skills
• Ability to make formal and appealing presentations
• Proficiency with computer tools (MS Office minimum)
Qualifications an education requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university OR
• Associate's Degree with at least 5 years of experience in supply chain, scheduling, production control OR
• Dutch HBO – Bachelor’s degree in Applied Sciences
• At least 5 years work experience in supply chain, scheduling, production control in manufacturing industry
• Working knowledge of SAP (or other ERP system), Bill of Material (BOM), Materials Requirement Planning (MRP), manufacturing procedures and workflow and shop capacity
• English speaking, writing and reading skills
Are you ready for your next step in your career? And does your talent lies within supply chain, logistics, production and planning?
Also, interested in an interesting job in a dynamic environment?
Than I look forward to receiving your application.
Wat mag je verwachten?
The company offers
• A challenging position in a multi-cultural company
• A no nonsense international working environment.
Bij Olympia is iedereen welkom. Dus jij ook. Wij helpen dagelijks mannen en vrouwen, van jong tot oud en van iedere afkomst aan een leuke baan. We maken graag kennis met je.
Vacatures Olympia Almere: Jouw uitzendbureau & werving- en selectiepartner!
Welkom bij Olympia Almere. Ben je flexkracht en op zoek naar uitzendwerk of wil je liever een vaste baan? Dan ben je bij ons aan het juiste adres! Reageer op één van onze vacatures, schrijf je in of neem contact met ons op. Ben je werkgever en op zoek naar een uitzendbureau of werving- en selectiebureau in Almere en omgeving? Wij kennen de juiste mensen die direct aan de slag gaan als uitzendkracht of vaste kracht.
1315 GA Almere Alle vacatures van deze vestiging